as most I was rushing this week to get my windows 7 (qemu instance) upgraded to windows 10, actually it was quite trouble some. Most pain gave me the broken update function in my windows 7 installation (which I use only for steam windows games via IOMMU GFX passthrough)
So how to solve, quite simple everything failed:
- Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant
- GWX – Tool (Systry-Icon)
- BuildInstallationMedia Tool
So no way forward, because everything listed above would like to update during installation.
Solution (old school ;))
- Download via the buildinstallationmedia tool the ISO (my case windows 10 – ger – 64bit)
- mount the iso or burn it
- in order to install (my case upgrade) use the setup.exe in the root of the ISO.
- The first thing you will be ask if you would like to update during install/upgrade -> ANSWER: NO.
Yes so it was and it worked. 😉 Enjoy.